Learn More About Sleep Disorders
Here at Apnix Sleep Diagnostics, we know just how many people are suffering from chronic and sometimes deadly sleep disorders on a daily basis. What’s incredible is how many people don’t even realize that they aren’t getting a good nights rest.
Correct sleeping habits are one of the most important things to have in a healthy lifestyle, if you don’t sleep well you don’t live well. Tons of people live their everyday lives without even realizing they aren’t sleeping well at all and that is a huge problem. Education of your ailment is key.
Get The Help You Deserve
When you can identify the problem at hand then you can solve the problem at hand. We keep this blog of sleep disorder information so you can learn more about the effects and be able to identify what ails you during your sleep if you are ailed at all, and just how we can help you defeat them.
- Avoid Jet Lag: Helpful Traveling Tips - If you’ve ever traveled overseas, you know the kind of toll jet lag can take on your body. It may not affect you heavily at first, but the more you travel, the longer it takes for your body to adjust. While it not sound like a big deal, jet lag affects you in many ways… Read More →
- Excessive Daytime Sleepiness In Texas - Why do We Sleep? The majority of people think that when we are sleeping, our body is totally calm, at rest, and not functioning at full capacity. Your body might be resting, yes, but there’s so much more going on beneath the surface while you sleep. It’s true that scientists don’t fully understand why we… Read More →
- Top Facts To Know About Bruxism - Bruxism – What Exactly Is It? It is known as the condition of grinding or clenching your teeth. This can happen any time, but it can be dangerous while you sleep. In certain cases you could be grinding your teeth the entire night without knowing. The damages can cause permanent cracks to your teeth or… Read More →
- Central Sleep Apnea - What is Sleep Apnea? Sleep Apnea is more common than most people think. Upwards of 18 million Americans suffer from it each year. Sleep Apnea occurs when there are small pauses in the patient’s breathing while they sleep. The pauses can last for a few seconds, or they can last up to a few minutes.… Read More →
- 7 Common Causes of Insomnia - Everyone has trouble falling asleep now and then. There are thousands of people who, each day, chalk up their poor night’s sleep to insomnia. What are some of the common causes of insomnia, and are that many people really suffering from it? Insomnia is more than just having difficulties falling asleep every now and then. Chronic… Read More →
- Why Can’t I Stay Asleep? Sleep Maintenance Insomnia - you find yourself waking up every now and then in the middle of the night? You most likely don’t have anything to worry about. It happens to everyone every now and then. If you find yourself waking up in the middle of the night 3 or more times a week, for more than three months,… Read More →
- Advanced Sleep Phase Disorder - What is Advanced Sleep Phase Disorder? ASPD is an uncommon sleep disorder. It affects the human body’s natural circadian rhythm. The patient will grow tired and be ready to sleep in the early evening. Often around 6:00-8:00, They will also find themselves awake around 3:00 or so. They will be unable to fall back asleep, and… Read More →
- The Most Common Cases Of Sleepwalking - Sleepwalking Sleepwalking is a well-known troupe in today’s media. It’s often used as a funny excuse. But people who suffer from it don’t always find it as funny as the media tries to portray it. Sleepwalking can be as simple as sitting up in bed. Even just walking around the bedroom. It can be much more dangerous… Read More →
- Night Terrors - What are Night Terrors? Night terrors can be, for a lack of a better term, downright terrifying. Usually presenting in children from the ages of 3 to 12, peaking around 3 ½ to 4 years. It can also occur in adults, though it is less common to see past puberty. Night terrors are different than… Read More →
- Sleep Paralysis - Just What Is Sleep Paralysis? Sleep Paralysis is a terrifying sleep disorder. Just as you’re drifting off to sleep you’ll be unable to move your body. This also happens when waking up. Maybe it’s just parts of your body you can’t move. Maybe it’s your whole body. More often than not, there will also be… Read More →
Contact Us Today
If you have any questions or concerns regarding sleep disorders, sleeping patterns, or trouble sleeping, don’t hesitate to contact Apnix Sleep Diagnostics and you can reach our Facebook page HERE. We care about your health, and a good nights rest is crucial to maintain that. There’s always an Apnix Sleep Center ready to help you today Houston!